As I am thinking on marketing I read a blog Shy And Successful: 11 Reasons Why The Introvert Has The Edge
Should I upload my close peer Brian Castellani’s mail? While I understand that shy people LESS LIKELY TO MAKE FOOLS OF THEMSELVES SOCIALLY, I take the risk to seem (and to be) fool. Here is the (somewhat edited) mail:
1. Brilliant! brilliant! brilliant! I am not kidding you.
2. I really enjoyed how you mixed stories of growing up in Budapest and other personal stuff in order to illustrate the key points you were trying to make.
3. Which leads to my main point: this is actually an incredible sociological study of the big data socio-cybernetic globalised world inwhich we presently live, and how the virtual world of social media has become so infused into our existence, that it has even overtaken science and academia. I could not stop reading. ranking, ranking, and more ranking. i did not realise how essential it is to globalised life today!
4. The other thing you did very well was overturn the arrogance and over confidence of so many of our complexity colleagues who pretend like the new science cannot be fooled by its own numbers and therefore can show us the pathway to success.
[Brian, I deleted this paragraph: you criticized an immediate bestseller, and probably you are right, but I did not ask for your permission to make it open…]
5. All of which takes me to the next point:cognitive bias. Your chapters dealing with cognitive bias and group think and bounded rationality and your usage of philosophy and cognitive science to demonstrate the underlying psychology of ranking was also excellent!
6. I also liked how you showed readers how science actually works, and the immense difficulty surrounding the politics of academic knowledge.
7. Also, it was very clear you put a lot of time and care into the
writing. The writing is very good and also, while it was personal, it was not glib or contrived. You kept to the ideas, which was great.
8. I have no real criticisms. The only thing I noticed here and there were some typos, but that will not be an issue once the editors clean up things.